Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pet Society: Pet Society FAQs

As I posted on the Playfish forum: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=15531

PLEASE NOTE THAT BY PLAYING ANY PLAYFISH GAMES YOU ARE AGREEING TO FOLLOW THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE. YOU CAN READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE HERE: http://static.playfish.com/legal/terms.html (Threads that break the Terms of Service will be closed or deleted.)

If you need to contact a moderator, the best way to do so is via PM, you can find the current list of moderators (and see which are currently online) here: http://forum.playfish.com/showgroups.php

Also note that moderators usernames show in Red and administrators usernames show in Green. So if the username you are speaking to is not red / green, you are not speaking to a moderator / administrator.


Here’s a little list of questions that I know I’ve answered a few times, so thought I’d compile them for everyone!

If you want to direct someone here, you can give them the link: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=15531 And advise them which question number to see!

The questions (answered in the three posts directly below) currently are:

1. How do I earn coins?


2. How many coins should I get from visiting my friends?

3. How do I make my pet poo?

4. How do I make a golden poo?

5. How do I put a picture in my avatar or signature and how do I post a picture in thread?

6. I’ve lost my soap, where can I buy more?

7. I just got my silver trophy, but my bronze one disappeared, what happened?

8. I’m having issues loading Pet Society, what should I do?

9. I see things in people’s homes (rugs, toys, etc) but I can’t find them in any shops, where do I find them?

10. Where can I see all the items available?

11. Everyone is talking about MBs, jukes, lips, etc. what are they?

12. Can I gift / trade with people who aren’t my friends and how do I add people to a limited profile??

13. I want to trade, I know I have to be careful, but what should I look out for?

14. Any ideas on how to improve my racing?

15. What are the requirements and upgrades available at each level?

16. How many friends can I have in Pet Society, and why can’t I see all my friends?

17. What is reputation?

18. How do I add my Facebook profile link under my forum name?

19. I accidentally hit the report button while visiting a friend, and I didn’t mean too, what will happen?

20. How do I trade?

21. Why didn’t my paw points / coins / items save?

22. I think I have found a cheater, how do I know if they are cheating and what should I do?

23. What is the difference between ‘This Week Only’ and ‘New This Week’?

24. What are all the forum user titles I can obtain?

25. How do I get on the 'Safe Traders List'?

26. How do I view how many times I, or another person, has posted in a particular thread?

27. I tried to sign up to the forum, but lost / never received my activation e-mail, how do I arrange for another one?


Preguntas Frecuentes, Guia en EspaƱol: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=60470

Italiano - Domande Frequenti e Risposte: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=135743

1. How do I earn coins?

Check out this thread: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=2459

2. How many coins should I get from visiting my friends?

You should receive:
20 coins each for the first 50 friends you visit each day
10 coins each for the next 25 friends you visit each day
5 coins each for any additional friends you visit each day

Additional visits to the same friend within the same day pay no coins.

If you are not receiving the coins as above, I suggest refreshing Pet Society.

Check out question 12 to see how you can add Pet Society friends to a limited profile!

3. How do I make my pet poo?

Your pet needs to be left with low hygiene (the blue bar - I've heard below 50%).
Keep your pet happy and healthy. This means the green and red bars should be kept as full as possible (I’ve heard over 50%).

So basically no soap, but plenty of food and fun stuff!

Then eventually your pet will poo.

You may be able to make your pet poo quicker if you click on it (as clicking on your pet can make it change actions), but don’t click on it if it looks like it’s about to poo, as you may make it stop!

Important note: Your pet will not make regular poo if you already have 3 regular poos in your house and/or chest, so if you want your pet to keep pooing, make sure you don’t reach this maximum (you can always give them to a friend as a gift, or to look after for you, or sell them to the shop).

Important note 2: If you click a standard poo, it will disappear and award you one coins, if you click a golden poo, it will disappear and award you ten coins. If you wish to move your pet’s poo to keep it, you must open your chest first to click and drag it to the desired location, as if you select it without your chest open, it will disappear and give you the coins as described.

4. How do I make a golden poo?

It’s just luck! Really! So as long as you have your pet pooing (see the above question), if you are lucky enough, one day it might poo gold!

Important note: Your pet will stop making poos of any kind if there are already 3 regular poos and 1 golden poo is your inventory.

5. How do I put a picture in my avatar or signature and how do I post a picture in thread?

Please see this thread for signatures and avatars: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=8540

Screenshot instructions are included in: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=8540

For adding a picture in thread, take a screenshot as descibed in the above thread. Upload it to an external website such as www.photobucket.com or www.tinypic.com

Take the code from there that has the [img] tags and paste that in your thread.

Or if you just have the image link, the tags are (remove the stars):
[*img]http://addressofimage.jpg[/*img]

The address between the [img] tags must end in the filetype (i.e. '.gif', '.jpg' or '.png').

6. I’ve lost my soap, where can I buy more?

You can't buy soap, but you should always have one bar, it's given to you when you join and upgrades occasionally as you advance through the levels.

To find your soap simply open your chest, you should see a grayed out icon of your soap, drag this icon into the room (as if your soap was there), and it will appear!

7. I just got my silver trophy, but my bronze one disappeared, what happened?

You can only have one trophy for any particular achievement at anyone time. So when you receive a silver trophy in something, instead of giving you a new trophy, it just upgrades your old one!

8. I’m having issues loading Pet Society, what should I do?

Make sure you have the latest version of flash installed. You can check what version you currently have here: http://playerversion.com . And can download the latest version from the Adobe website: http://www.adobe.com .

Clear your cache! (The Knowledgebase has instructions for this!) And re-start your computer!

Check that Java is enabled on your browser, for instructions on how to enable Java, check out this site: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/enable_browser.xml

Sometimes people have this issue when they have a lot of friend’s on their list, you can try removing some (particularly relevant if you have over 150 friends).

Check out: http://www.playfish.com/support/

Use the Support Link if all else fails!

9. I see things in people’s homes (rugs, toys, etc) but I can’t find them in any shops, where do I find them?

Most likely these items have previously been in the ‘This Week Only’ section of one of the stores! If you are lucky, you might find them in a mystery box! Otherwise you can always head to the Trading Forum and try trading for them! But be very cautious when trading with other users, trades are at your own risk and in the case of a dispute, Playfish will be unable to assist!

Also, some of these items could be ‘mysterious items’ meaning they can only be found in mystery boxes (such as the pink, blue, green and gold balloons, the gold royal chandelier, the lucky rug, the piano, the pink fridge, the white kitchen table and the princess rug).

10. Where can I see all the items available?

You can see most of the items so far on: http://kogaweb.net/

Remember this is a user run external site, so Playfish does not control it (and it is not linked to Playfish), and whether it continues to be updated is up to the user concerned (again, not Playfish).

11. Everyone is talking about MBs, jukes, lips, etc. what are they?

RMB = Red (Cheap) Mystery Box = 50 coins from the furniture store
BMB = Blue (Purple) Mystery Box = 200 coins from the furniture store
GMB = Gold (Expensive) Mystery Box = 500 coins from the furniture store

RMBs are known to give items worth up to 200 coins shop value (re-sale value of up to 66 coins).
BMBs are known to give items up to 1000 coins shop value (re-sale of up to 333 coins).
GMBs are known to give items up to 3000 coins shop value (re-sale of up to 999 coins).

Jukes/Jukeboxes are Jukeboxes which sell for 20,000 coins in the Luxury store and re-sell to the store for 6,666 coins. They look like:


Lips are Luscious Lips Loungers which sell for 20,000 coins in the Luxury store and re-sell to the store for 6,666 coins. They look like:


For a list of other frequently used abbreviations, check out this thread: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=8586

12. Can I gift / trade with people who aren’t my friends and how do I add people to a limited profile??

To gift in Pet Society, you need to first be friends with that person on Facebook. If you like you can add them using Facebook’s limited profile feature (which you will need to set up first by using the ‘Make a New List’ feature here: http://www.facebook.com/friends/?ref=tn ).

For a detailed description of how to add people to a limited profile check out this very informative thread: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=17413

13. I want to trade, I know I have to be careful, but what should I look out for?

Check out this thread: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=7495

And also consider checking the scammers list: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=81

14. Any ideas on how to improve my racing?

Check out these tips: http://ministryofgame.blogspot.com/2...race-tips.html

15. What are the requirements and upgrades available at each level?

Since the list is long, I’ve given this question it’s own post in the fourth post of this thread! So scroll down or click: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread...011#post231011

16. How many friends can I have in Pet Society, and why can’t I see all my friends?

The game allows for an unlimited number of friends. However, on your map, only 100 friends will appear, if you have more to visit, you can still visit them all using the friends ranking scroll bar!

Just be aware, that having a lot of friends can cause loading issues, so if you have trouble loading the game, you may wish to consider removing some friends (if you’ve added some specifically for this game).

If, for example, your Facebook says you have 36 friends playing, but in the game you only see 31, it is most likely that those additional five people added the application but did not complete the pet creation process, they need to completely create their pet before you can see them in-game.

Also, sometimes when you get new friends the server can take up to 24 hours to recognise this, so be patient!

17. What is reputation?

To give reputation to another user, click the scales icon on the left hand side under their name and avatar (if applicable). It looks like:

Instructions on how to give reputation with screenshots are shown below ( http://forum.playfish.com/showthread...31#post2231131 ).

To view the reputation you have received head to: http://forum.playfish.com/usercp.php
Only the 25 latest reputation and casters are shown.

Note that people can only give you positive (green) or negative (red) reputation. If it shows up neutral (grey), they most likely tried to give you positive reputation (and this is definite if there's no comment attached), however if the user has less than 50 posts and/or less than 15 reputation, whatever reputation they give it will show as neutral, that's how the system works.

Users can gain 1 point of reputation-altering power for every:
  • 40 number of days,
  • 300 number of posts, and
  • 300 points of reputation.
In one 24-hour period each user can only give 10 reputation clicks and it will take 20 reputation clicks of other users before you can hit the same person again.

To see the reputation of another user:
Everyone starts with one green rectangle (and 10 reputation points), you can tell what range a user is in by their reputation rectangles:

1 red rectangle = -1 - -99 rep points
grey rectangle = 0 rep points
1 green rectangle = 1 - 99 rep points
2 green rectangles = 100 - 199 rep points
3 green rectangles = 200 - 299 rep points
4 green rectangles = 300 - 399 rep points
5 green rectangles = 400 - 499 rep points
6 green rectangles = 500 - 699 rep points
7 green rectangles = 700 - 899 rep points
8 green rectangles = 900 - 1099 rep points
9 green rectangles = 1100 - 1299 rep points
10 green rectangles = 1300 - 1499 rep points
11 green rectangles = 1500 - ???? rep points

Also, if you hover your mouse over their rectangle(s), the statements correspond to the following reputation points:
  • User can only hope to improve -50
  • User has a little shameless behaviour in the past -10
  • User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
  • User is on a distinguished road 10
  • User will become famous soon enough 50
  • User has a spectacular aura about 150
  • User is a jewel in the rough 250
  • User is just really nice 350
  • User is a glorious beacon of light 450
  • User is a name known to all 550
  • User is a splendid one to behold 650
  • User has much to be proud of 1000
  • User has a brilliant future 1500
  • User has a reputation beyond repute 2000

Important note: Reputation was not designed for trades. It was designed to provide feedback to those who provide helpful information to others in the forum. Users are just using it for trades of their own accord, but that is not its purpose. You should not rely on reputation to indicate a safe trade(r).

Important note 2: Reputation giving is a free choice of every user, and must not be made a condition of any thread/trade/contest/prize/giveaway/etc.

18. How do I add my Facebook profile link under my forum name?

Go here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home Then select ‘Profile’. Copy the address that appears in the address bar, it should be something like: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...**&ref=profile (where the *****’s are your Facebook ID).

Then go here: http://forum.playfish.com/profile.php=editprofile

Scroll until you see: “Facebook Profile Page”. Paste your Facebook Profie link there.

Select ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom of the page.

If people advise you that your profile link does not work and re-directs them to their homepage:

When someone clicks your profile link, it initially tries to load it, but then re-directs to their home page. This is because your Facebook privacy settings are too high.

The privacy setting that this relates to is: http://www.facebook.com/privacy/?view=search

You need to set the Search Visibility to 'Everyone' to allow people to use your profile link to add you!

19. I accidentally hit the report button while visiting a friend, and I didn’t mean too, what will happen?

You cannot actually report abuse accidentally. When you click the button a new window opens with a form to fill out and report the abuse. Until you've filled out the form and submitted it, nothing is reported.

Some pop-up blockers may block the form though, or it may have opened behind your current window which is why you may not have noticed it!

The report abuse form looks like:


20. How do I trade?

Check out these threads: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=95870 and http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=18269

21. Why didn’t my paw points / coins / items save?

If you simply close the game sometimes the current state of the game is not saved when you exit.

Therefore we advise to always use the 'Save and Quit' button to exit the game!

If, for whatever reason, you do not wish to use the ‘Save and Quit’ button, we would advise before closing the game to:
1. Leave the pet in the house for 1 minute
2. Visit a friend and do an action (hug, kiss...)
3. Wait for 1 minute
4. Go back to house
5. Wait for 1 minute
To hopefully ensure the game saves properly!

22. I think I have found a cheater, how do I know if they are cheating and what should I do?

To report a someone you suspect of cheating, e-mail all details to cheaters@playfish.com. Ensure you include the user's Facebook ID.

And check out this thread, it has all the information you should need: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=19683

23. What is the difference between ‘This Week Only’ and ‘New This Week’?

This Week Only = Items that will only be in store for that week, and will disappear from stores at midnight GMT the following Monday. These items may be available again at some point in the future.

New This Week = New items introduced to the shop which will generally remain in stores indefinitely. In the case of ‘New This Week’ seasonal items they will remain in store until the end of the associated ‘season’ (these items may be available again at some point in the future).

24. What are all the forum user titles I can obtain?

The forum user titles are based on your number of posts (excluding those in the Contests & Games sub-forum) and are as follows:

Newbie = 0-19
Larva = 20-49
Plankton = 50-99
Fish Egg = 100-149
New Little Fish = 150-399
Little Fish = 400-499
Clown Fish = 500-699
Angel Fish = 700-899
Star Fish = 900-1499
Adventure Fish = 1500-1999
Captain Fish = 2000-2599
Legendary Fish = 2600-2999
Magic Fish = 3000-3999
Ultimate Playfish Fan = 4000+

25. How do I get on the 'Safe Traders List'?

For the forum safe traders list, all the requirements are listed in the first post of: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=91351

For the kogaweb safe traders list, all the requirements are listed in the first post of: http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=10044

So make sure you qualify for the list you are applying for, and then fill out the relevant forms and post them in the relevant threads (same links as above).

26. How do I view how many times I, or another person, has posted in a particular thread?

View the thread from the forum it's in, where you see the list of thread names, total posts and total views. Click on the number of total posts which corresponds to the thread you are interested in, this will gives you a breakdown of posts per user.

27. I tried to sign up to the forum, but lost / never received my activation e-mail, how do I arrange for another one?

You can request a new forum activation e-mail here: http://forum.playfish.com/register.php?a=ver

You need to click the link in: "If you have lost your activation code or you have forgotten your username, click here to have the codes emailed to you again."

Or, you can just go here: http://forum.playfish.com/register.php?do=requestemail

No comments: